Saturday, June 11, 2011

Settling in...

Tomorrow will bring the 4 week marker of my long anticipated move into my house. I think today was the first day it all felt "real". I spent most of the day washing dishes, putting them away, and organizing my kitchen in general. I have to admit it felt a little bit like Christmas finding items I boxed away months (some items even years) ago... awaiting this very day.

So my first real goal of making it my home is to become organized. This is where my photography ties in. Life has a way of getting ahead of you...we all know this to be true. I don't know that I will ever be truly organized, but I'm going to give it my best shot. That being said, I'm currently plugged into my external hard drive... to do what you may ask? To pull out some photos that have been overlooked during the last several chaotic months. :o)

Take a look...

It's great to be related to a photographer...your memories will be captured whether you want them to be or not! But the downside..? You're usually the last one to get to see your pictures. My one-and-only big sister is as patient as they come, but she has 3 boys, so I'm not overly surprised. :o)

There are never dull moments with these wonderful little boys...accidents waiting to happen...

Trouble to find (even when they're not looking for it!)...
Sillies to be let out...

And wonderful memories to be made!

But that's not all...


Another little bundle of joy...

A little one to squeeze protect... truly loved from the start.
Counting down the days...

While chasing 3 little boys...
But oh she was worth the wait!

About 1/2 a day old. :o)

A few days later...her very first (of many of course!) photo shoot...

Such a sweetheart...


Finally some pink for my sister's beautiful family!

They really dote on her...



2 weeks old

She may have some silly big brothers...
But they are equally sweet...
Such a smiley girl...

So hard to believe her 3 month milestone has already passed...

She'll have to learn to be quick on her toes...

And they'll continue to learn to bring out their softer sides...

But no doubt, she'll be forever L.O.V.E.D. & cherished!
So as our mother reminds us all the time....I'll tell my sister...don't blink! It goes by way to fast. Please remind me when when it's my own children I'm taking photos of.

In the meantime...I'll help you capture yours. :o)

No comments: