Saturday, May 5, 2012

Buy 1 get 1 free...


So I started writing this particular blog post in my head about 6 months ago. Sounds crazy, I know, but it gives a little more background not necessarily about my love of photography...but my love of {children}.

I have {always} been a baby lover. As far back as I can remember. I don't remember when my younger brother (next in line of birth order) was born, but everyone from my first little sister, to my last little brother...memories. I wasn't one to play outside, help dad build things, or get dirty. I was a definite girly-girl...but not prissy. I was a Mama's helper, and by all definitions, born to be a baby lover.

Sometime during my Mom's pregnancy with my {first} little sister, I decided it was perfect for her to have twins. I don't know where this obsession came from, but I tried to convince her that it was the best time. You see, being one that never found out the gender of her babies, she has a boy and girl name picked out. Both initials were "LJ", so naturally, a great reason to have twins, right? Well obviously it doesn't work out that way. Three siblings later...and both "LJ" names assigned...

I remember like it was yesterday. My Mom had taken us to my aunt's house so she could go to her doctor's appointment. I {remember, baby lover!} desperately wanted to see her sonogram. I was the last on climbing into the van, and was begging to see it. She kept telling me she wanted Dad to see it first. ::Closing the door:: I ask: "But Mommy, is it twins?!?".

That evening, my Dad sat on the couch and started to show us the sonogram. He pointed and said "see, here's the baby's head...and body...and feet"....."and here's the other baby's head..." ::squeal::!!!! I don't know that I've ever been so excited in my life! haha My Mom told me that earlier that day all she wanted to do was turn around and yell "Yes Kristin, it is twins, are you happy now?!?!?!?!".

Yes Ma'am I am!

So, it's my "fault" that there are twins in my family....it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact they run on both sides of my family. But either way, I was thrilled.

Hard to believe it's been nearly 18 years since my twin brothers were born! We used to joke around that Mom bought 1 & got 1 free. (I'm sure the hospital bills begged to differ). I finished up their senior pictures today. If I thought doing photos of 1 graduating sibling was bad, 2 is no walk in the park! But they wouldn't be my brothers if they didn't give me a hard time, right? :o)

Well, take a look. :o) Feel free to comment below, I love getting feedback!

Yeah, I nearly took their phones away!

Trying to crash his brother's photo, and I can promise this will be Mom's favorite! :o)

"Let me jump on your shoulders!"

Love this one. :o)


Ready to take on the world, with all God has in store for them. :o)

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

love this.... all of this! Can't believe they are graduating :( The one of them on the train tracks just made my heart hurt.... in a good way. :)