Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My little buddy...

Do you know the moment when you make that grand list...the one with all the things you are ::going:: to accomplish & how excited you are to have a plan (even if it's not something you really want to do...)? Do you also know the moment where the plan gets thrown out the window because life happens? Yeah, that's the story of my week. :o)

I had my list: edit sessions, meet with clients, clean the house, go grocery shopping...not necessarily in that order, but a list just the same. Instead, life happened, there was a need, and I got a little visitor.


Cute as a button, sweet as can be, and a complete distraction!! :o) Editing sessions got put on hold, my very sweet & understanding clients waited patiently to be met, the house didn't get cleaned, and grocery shopping was accomplished while she carried my list in her mouth. haha


But though things didn't go exactly as planned, I was able to make memories with my niece. Memories that I may cherish more than she remembers, but important ones just the same.


So today as I am catching up on editing, e-mailing & scheduling with clients, & washing dishes at 11:30 P.M. I know that it's worth it.


Because I have a few more days with her, and tomorrow morning I get to hear her talking sweetly in her bed, and will be greeted with a "hi" and very girly giggles and smiles.

And we will begin another adventure...(and hopefully get things accomplished along the way!)


No comments: